He likes it with ice. I don’t. He can drink one straight from the pantry shelf. I can’t. He orders extra ice. I ask for less. We’re a bit “Jack Sprat and wife” when it comes to how we like our drinks. After growing up in the land of tepid drinks with little to no ice, I now cannot drink a drink unless it is chilled and refrigerated. Whether it is juice or soda, all my husband needs is a glass of ice and he is good to go. While I’m that annoying customer who asks the person at the fast food restaurant for less ice as I see them filling my cup to the brim.
Even our choice of drinks is different. He will drink any kind of soda, diet or regular, while I will only drink diet. Unlike me, he prefers fruit juice to water. I find fruit juices too sweet. Often the oh-so-sweet taste of fruit juice is just too much for me.
Recently I was sent a case of a new fruit juice. When I read that Bai juices were made from rich coffeefruit I was intrigued. What is a coffeefruit anyway? I had never heard of it. Plus, I’m not a fruit juice drinker, so would I even like it?
I was pleasantly surprised that I liked all of the Bai drinks. O.K., I wasn’t fond of the Molokai Coconut, but I still drank it. The other flavors were quite delicious.
But back to coffeefruits. I’m a coffee drinker and I like to think that I know coffee, but I had never heard of coffeefruit. According to DrinkBai.com:
- The coffee bean is found inside the coffeefruit. So…the inside of the coffeefruit contains the elixir of life that gives me the pep to get up and go each morning. I know coffee well!
- The outside casing around the coffee bean is the “juicy red protector” called “superfruit.”
- These “antioxidant-rich berries” are “free-radical fighting powerhouses that delivers refreshing, pure fruit flavor.”
- Each Bai drink is only 5 calories, 1 gram of sugar per serving. 100% all natural, and antioxidant rich…and quite tasty, too.
I drank the Bai drinks ice cold from the fridge and from the pantry shelf. I preferred drinking it ice cold, but it was fine the other way. Bai flavors include:
- Brasilia Blueberry — my favorite
- Congo Pear
- Costa Rica Clementine
- Ipanema Pomegranate
- Limu Lemon
- Malawi Mango
- Molokai Coconut — mix with rum for a low calorie Pina Colada
- Panama Peach
- Sumatra Dragonfruit
Want to know more about Bai drinks?
- Visit Drink Bai’s site.
- Like Bai on Facebook.
- Follow @DrinkBai on Twitter.
- Follow all of Drink Bai’s Pinterest boards.