The Secret Life of the American Teenager Season Two DVD went on sale June 16.
A few weeks ago I heard about a houseparty.com for the Secret Life of the American Teenager. My daughter — the teen, not the preteen — had watched a few episodes here and there. I was quick to point out to her that she could not watch episodes while her brother and sister were around as the themes of the series dealt with teen pregnancy and other issues that I don’t want to discuss with my kid and preteen.
As a way of promoting the release of the DVD, my teen was chosen to host a houseparty.com for the Secret Life of the American Teenager. Cool!
We hosted last weekend. Her party was a success. Here’s what we did:
- invited friends who we thought would be interested in a party about the show. I had my daughter send an evite to her friends. I followed up with an e-mail explaining the concept of the houseparty since it is a new idea.
- served pizza, salad, and ice cream.
- let the teens play outside to let off steam. Coach Dad set up a volleyball net, but the next door neighbor’s poodles were more interesting to the teens.
- Played DVD from ABC Family midway through party. Teens watched a sneak peak of the season premiere of the Secret Life of the American Teenager, and several new shows…Make It or Break It, 10 Things I Hate About You, and Ruby & The Rockits, all premiering this summer.
- Served ice cream sundaes before kids left.
The sweet part of the party was that the teens got to see the shows before anyone else! Awesome.