My husband and I were talking about our first couple of cell phones. Back in the day…I might as well refer to this time as the “Wilderness Years.” We purchased our first cell phone in 1995. Note, that I said “we”…that’s right for about 3 years my husband and I shared the phone.
This phone was called the “baby phone” for a long, long time. The so-called baby phone was purchased when I was 6 months pregnant. I was supposed to use it for emergencies. I couldn’t call to chat with my husband when he was on his way to and from work because he didn’t have a cell phone. No friends or family had phones.
The phone was about the size of 2.5 decks of playing cards laid end to end. I phone weight at least 3 pounds. Because the phone didn’t have a “go to sleep” button, I had to store the phone in a bag which I carried in my purse. This prehistoric phone was about as far from the smartphones of today as you could possibly imagine. My phone was like your phone. No personalization at all.
HTC has a new phone that is billed as the phone that lets you be you. The Android-powered HTC Wildfire S runs on HTC Sense. You can customize the way the phone “looks and feels” by swapping out skins, scenes, and sounds. Perfect for the first-time smartphone adopter, too!
Like the HTC Status that I reviewed in an earlier post, the HTC Wildfire S is the social phone. Use both of these phones to keep up with your social media scene. Consolidate all your social media channels on your phone in a way that works for you.
When you’re feeling like taking a break, pull out the HTC Wildfire S for some fun music, games, and apps. The Android Market is the source for all your app needs.
Want the deets on the HTC Wildfire?
- The HTC Wildfire S can be purchased from Metro PCS. Find a location near you.
- Works on Android with HTC Sense platforms.
- HVGA 3.2″ touch display screen.
- Internal memory of 512 MB RAM.
- 5.0 MP camera with front and back cameras.
The kind folks at HTC want me to giveaway an HTC Wildfire S. So, here is how you can win an HTC Wildfire S phone…
Winning is easy. First, leave a mandatory comment. Second, leave one or more of the optional comments. Remember, you must leave the mandatory comment for the other comments to count. Oh, and don’t forget to leave your email address in the comment, so I can contact you if you win! Want a chance to win another HTC phone?! I’m giving away an HTC Status (ends 1/5/2012)!
Mandatory Comment — Leave a comment.
Go to HTC, look at the HTC Wildfire S, and leave a comment about what you like about this phone or any other HTC phone.
Optional Comment — Leave a comment.
- Follow @MusingsfromMe on Twitter.
- Like Musings from Me on Facebook.
- Like Jill MusingsfromMe on Facebook.
- Subscribe to my blog’s feed.
- Stumble one of my posts that is not a giveaway. Use your Stumble toolbar or use the Share button that is placed to the left of the post.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- Tweet this giveaway and leave a link to your tweet: @MusingsfromMe is giving away an HTC Wildfire S smartphone! Enter http://bit.ly/uVYUBJ. Ends 1/6.
I was not compensated for this review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Giveaway ends Friday, January 6 at 11:59 p.m. Any links in this post are affiliate links to my amazon affiliate account. I follow the tenets of Blog With Integrity.