It was sweltering day. It was too hot to go outside. We’d been at the pool every day that week. What to do, what to do? Then it came to me! We’d beat the heat by going to a free movie. When we arrived the theater was packed. There were exactly 3 seats left…in the front row…to the right of the screen. Have you ever tried watching a movie from a weird angle? Can you say neck ache? Ow!
I need not have worried. The kids watched the movie with unblinking eyes. No one complained about a neck ache. I’d planned to sit and watch, but I was surprised at how interested I was in the storyline of the movie. The kids and I were absolutely riveted by How To Train Your Dragon from the moment the movie started. We all enjoyed a brief respite from the sweltering heat and had fun in the process. Win!
Did you know that there is a How To Train Your Dragon live show? That’s right! How To Train Your Dragon Live Spectacular is coming to an arena near you. You will enter a legendary world where dragons with 40-foot wingspans fly and breathe fire. This show is a must-see spectacular, which immerses the audience in to a magical world of Vikings and Dragons. My family and I will be at the Washington, D.C. show!
Want to win tickets to the July 19 7 p.m. show in Washington, D.C. at the Verizon Center? Visit the How To Train site for a Dragon’s Who’s Who! Come back here and leave me a comment on who your favorite How To Train Your Dragon character is. For extra entries, you can subscribe to my blog’s feed, or follow me on Twitter, etc.
What will you see at How To Train Your Dragon Live Spectacular? Some stats for the show:
- 23 flying, fire-shooting, smoke-beathing dragons.
- Many with 40-feet wingspans.
- Some as long as 50 feet.
- A few as tall as 20 feet.
- And some weighing up to 2.6 tons.
- The back wall of the show is the size of 9 movie screens.
Do you know how many trucks it takes to move all of the dragons across the country? 30 trucks!
- London, Ontario — July 5-8
- Worcester, MA — July 11-15
- Washington, D.C. — July 19-22
- Chicago, IL — July 25-29
- Uniondale, NY — August 1-5
- Toronto, ON — August 8-12
- Montreal, QC — August 15-19
- Pittsburgh, PA — August 22-26
- Cleveland, OH — September 5-9
- Philadelphia, PA — September 12-16
- Buffalo, NY — September 19-23
- East Rutherford, NJ — September 26-30
- Albany, NY — October 3-7
- Columbus, OH — October 10-14
- Detroit, MI — October 17-21
- Milwaukee, WI — October 24-28
- Saskatoon, SK –October 31-November 4
- Winnipeg, MB — November 21-25
- Seattle, WA — November 29-December 2
- San Diego, CA — December 5-9
- Oakland, CA — December 12-15
- Fresno, CA — December 19-23
- San Jose, CA — December 26-30
- Sacramento, CA — January 2-6, 2013
- Salt Lake City, UT — January 9-13, 2013
- Anaheim, CA — January 16-20, 2013
- Bakersfield, CA — January 23-27, 2013
- Spokane, WA — January 30-February 3, 2013
Tickets for the How To Train Your Dragon Live Spectacular start as low as $29.50. You can buy a ticket for 25% off using a PROMO CODE: MOM. The MOM code is valid for 25% off second price tier seats in EVERY market. In Worcester, MA, enter the Promo Code in the Mom Bloggers Discount box. In Washington, D.C., enter the Promo Code in the Mommy Blogs box. Please note: If there is not a specific clearly defined promo box, enter the code — MOM — om the General Promo box.
Want a VIP Adventure at the show? The Meet the Dragons VIP Experience offers you and your children a guided backstage tour, a meet-and-greet from Hiccup and Astrid, a reserved seat with an amazing view of the action, and so much more.
Don’t forget to Like the How To Train Your Dragon Live Spectacular Facebook page.
And follow the Tour on @DWdragonslive or search for hashtag #DWDragonsLive.
I was given tickets to see the How To Train Your Dragon Live Spectacular with my family. My review of the show will follow. This giveaway will end Sunday, July 15, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. The views expressed in this post are my own. I follow the tenets of Blog With Integrity.