My birthday is Saturday. I’ll celebrate with family as always. I pick a theme…a dinner out, an outing to Medieval Times, or even a trip to see the Space Shuttle at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum. But, this year’s theme is different…this year I’m having a Super Hero Birthday!
My birthday celebrations over the year have run the gamut from…
- The pitch and putt party when I was 9…wore a long dress to play mini golf…we lived in New Jersey. Why the long dress? It was the 70s and quite honestly the 70s and, particularly, fashion in the 70s have a lot of answering to do. Ahem.
- As a child growing up in England, my parties were far more simple…always held at home…Pin the Tail on the Donkey, Pass the Parcel or Hot Potato, Freeze Dance, a Balloon Drop, and a very English lunch of finger sandwiches, sausage rolls, and birthday cake.
- As a tween and teen I loved taking a few friends to a local Chinese restaurant in the town of Wilmslow in the county of Cheshire, England…this address sounds so very English, doesn’t it?). I felt very grown up treating my friends and paying the bill for my birthday meal with a pre-written check from my parents. We were even able to walk to the restaurant as my town was very small.
- Once I hit adulthood, my birthday parties have mostly been dinners at restaurants with family or outings to local places.
This year I’m doing something different. This year we are all going to see The Avengers.
The 20-something me would wonder what got in to me. Super Heroes? Marvel? You don’t even like action movies? Why do you want to see that??? But, the 40-something me loves that The Avengers is a movie we can all see from my youngest child to my oldest child. I love a good family film. I love a good Super Hero movie, too. I loved Iron Man and Iron Man 2, so I know I will love The Avengers.
Want to get your Super Hero on?
- Go to the Marvel.com Avenger’s site.
- Print your favorite Avengers posters.
- Learn what goes on behind the scenes.
- Not a comic book reader or an Avengers devotee? Find out who is who, here.
- Catch a first look at The Avengers with stills from filming.
- And of course don’t forget to Like The Avengers on Facebook…
- …and follow @Avengers on Twitter.
Also, if you love a good children’s book and who doesn’t, check out an innovative new book for kids that is part of an equally innovative and intriguing platform for book publishing, Roger Nix, President at Six is the work of illustrator, Bill Robinson. Robinson is trying to get Roger Nix, President at Six published on Kickstarter.com, the world’s largest funding platform for creative projects. He’s almost there. Won’t you help him? You can donate to help him get his children’s book published.
I was not compensated to write this post. I’m a lover of movies and entertainment and of course, all things Disney! The views expressed in the post are my own. I follow the tenets of Blog With Integrity.